LG CES 2022 – The better life you deserve
LG CES 2022 tagline is the ‘better life you deserve’. What does that mean? Well, LG says about the experiences that technology creates. LG’s vision is to deliver innovative digital products and services that make your life better, easier, and more comfortable.
You can watch its CES 2022 World Premiere at 3 AM on 5 January. We suggest a recap at a more reasonable hour below.
It has a significant presence with a sizeable 2000m2 booth (about ten tennis courts). To help be COVID safe, visitors can use QR codes to get more information.
Here are the primary LG CES 2022 highlights (Global newsroom here) and note that we may not see all devices here.
We have covered this in a separate release. The Objet TV is a 65” OLED Evo with a raise/lower canvas style cover from Danish textile innovator, Kvadrat.
StanbyME is a wireless (internet-connected), battery-operated, 27” IPS touch/gesture panel on a stand for landscape (16:9) or portrait use. It is a hybrid monitor and TV with a range of apps, including Netflix and YouTube.
LG S95QR premium 810W, 9.1.5, channel Dolby Atmos (DA), DTS:X And IMAX soundbar
Part of the new 2022 ‘Q’ range this is its premium DA soundbar (please read Five tips for better TV sound – Dolby Atmos for beginners to see if you can use this soundbar). The key difference is that it has a centre front up-firing speaker for clearer dialogue. That makes left/centre/right front forward-firing and left/centre/right front up-firing in the soundbar. Dedicated rear speakers for left and right rear and up-firing offer a 135° wide sound stage. The massive sub-woofer finishes the kit.
Meridian technology can up-mix 2.0 to a simulated 7.1 surround (not DA). Other features include voice assistance, room tuning, high-res music streaming, and if connected to a compatible LG TV, uses its AI Sound Pro feature. Gamers will love them 4K variable refresh rate (VRR) and auto low latency mode (ALLM) pass-through support.
We don’t have details on the other soundbars yet, but DA models include S90QY, S80QR and S80QY.
LG WFH (work from home) premium monitors
LG has a new 32” UltraFine 4K (32UQ85R) monitor. It has an impressive 400 nit, 2000:1, Display HDR400, 98% DCI-P3 colour gamut (the movie standard and similar to Adobe RGB). It has a flat 16:9 Nano IPS panel. The gamut coverage is perfect for creators, videographers, vloggers, photo-editing and more professional use. It has a detachable auto-self calibration sensor and software to tweak settings – that’s a first. It has a USB-C hub (96W upstream charge), HDMI 2.1, DP 1.4 and 2x5W MAXX AUDIO speakers.
The 28” DualUp 28MQ780 is a curious monitor. It can divide the 2560 x 2880 (16:18) screen into 2 x 2570 x 1440 16:9 screens. It uses a 300 nit, 1000:1, nano IPS screen with 98% DCI-P3 (accepts HDR10 signals and downmixes to the panel). The DualUp has similar connectivity to the 32” Ultrafine with 2 x 7W speakers. LG says it is a similar experience to two 21.5” dual screens. It has an Ergo stand that clamps to most desks.
LG Instaview Double Ovens and Over-the-range microwave with LG ThinQ Recipe service
Instaview, called Tap Tap on its Instaview fridges, comes to the oven allowing you to see inside without letting the heat out.
As you would expect, it has the latest
- ProBake Convection technology for quick and thorough cooking without preheating to deliver evenly cooked meals with shorter cooking times
- Air Fry allows cooks to create crispy fried items using far less oil than deep-frying
- Air Sous Vide ensures tender, juicy dishes
The LG Over-the-Range Microwave Oven has
- Steam Cook technology to prepare foods that are juicier, healthier and tastier.
- Slide-out ExtendaVent reduces smoke and lingering odours
- EasyClean interior coating that prevents food and grease from sticking
- Stainless steel and tempered glass LG WideView Window
LG ThinQ Recipe service (not for Australia yet)
- Accessed via the ThinQ app to search, plan, purchase and cook, following hundreds of easy-to-follow recipes from talented creators and LG Originals Series.
- Powered by SideChef, it has over 10,000 one-click shoppable recipes for the ultimate home cooking experiences, turning a single recipe or a weekly meal plan into a grocery shopping orderable directly from the app via Walmart or Amazon Fresh.
- Scan to Cook feature for scan-and-send cooking directions for select frozen meals.
LG Tiiun (to sprout) Indoor Garden is at home in your lounge room
A completely self-contained, automated unit. It features two shelves that can each hold up to six all-in-one seed packages along with three different kinds of seed kits. Each seed package contains ten holes for seed germination. Users can grow various greens simultaneously in only four to eight weeks.
- LG Smart gardening system leverages LG’s expertise across multiple home appliance categories to deliver reliable results and an effortless, largely automated, plant cultivation process. It utilises various technologies from developing refrigerators, water purifiers and ventilation systems.
- Inverter Compressor for the Flexible Weather Control System. It precisely adjusts Tiiun’s internal temperature to create the optimal conditions for organic growth.
- Automatically regulates temperature and its internal LED light to mimic the natural cycle of the day. It delivers water every three hours. The Auto Ebb & Watering System circulates the correct moisture level to transform the seeds into healthy greens and flowers.
- ThinQ compatible and in Nature Beige and Nature Green.
LG PuriCare AeroTower air purifier fan and heater
Based on LG’s Air Valley technology (its implementation of the Coandă effect similar to that used by Dyson). It has three airflow modes:
- Heating Mode for a blast of warm air up to 30°
- Fan Mode with ten levels of airflow intensity
- Diffusion Mode delivering filtered air upward and outward through the Air Guard diffuser for wider air circulation
Multi-stage True HEPA Filters capture 99.97% down to 3 microns. LG UVnano uses ultraviolet-C light to reduce bacteria on the fan blades, and it is ThinQ compatible. We have yet to see the tech specs but suspect these will be for smaller room sizes.
LG latest washing and drying solutions – they use AI
The new laundry solutions feature LG Artificial Intelligence Direct Drive (AI DD) technology, steam technology, and various functions that make washing and drying clothes convenient.
LG AI DD technology can sense the load size, fabric type, and soiling level, automatically adding the right amount of detergent and adjusting the wash style for optimised cleaning. It has LG steam technology cleaning, sanitising and refreshing clothes. When using an LG Smart Pair, the washer sends to the dryer recommending the optimal drying cycle.
The latest LG WashTower is a streamlined alternative to a conventional washer-dryer stack. The front-load washing machine uses LG AI DD to deliver clean, fresh clothes. The dryer leverages LG DUAL Cylinder Inverter Heat Pump technology to help reduce energy consumption by drying in a low temperature throughout the cycle.
For all Cybershack CES 2022 news, click here.
LG CES 2022, LG CES 2022