Two New Smartphones From Nokia
- Lumia 900 takes on iPhone and Galaxy S
- 610 cheaper option for Windows aficionados
- Only available from Boost mobile
Nokia has released it latest smartphones onto the Australian market, the Lumia 900 and the Lumia 610 – both of which will be available from Boost Mobile in June and from Vodafone and other retailers in July.
Features of the Lumia 900 include:
- high speed1.4 GHz processor with HSDPA+ plus upsized battery for better media and entertainment capabilities.
- large 4.3-inch AMOLED capacitive touch ClearBlack glass touchscreen, distinct one-piece polycarbonate body, excellent antenna performance
- a grid of live, animated tiles providing up-to-the-minute content including social network status updates, news and weather feeds, email notifications and calendar alerts
- each tile can be tailored to deliver easy access to the applications most often used, for example: a music playlist, a gaming app, a Web page, or an e-mail folder
- people Hub combines all your contacts and feeds from Facebook, Linked-in and Twitter into one thread and can be pinned to the homescreen
- Carl Zeiss optics, 8MP main camera, dual LED flash, Auto Focus, 1MP front-facing camera with video calling capabilities
- Nokia Music including free music streaming service Mix Radio
- new mapping features such as Nokia Transport which gives convenient directions to underground, trams, trains and buses services
- and other services such as Nokia City Lens, an augmented reality app, which turns the phone’s camera viewfinder into a new way to spot places of interest
- apps such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and OneNote are in the palm of your hand, as well as access to Bing, Internet Explorer 9, HTML5 and Wi-Fi
- the in-built Xbox Live Hub offering cool games, player leaderboards, 3D Avatar control and creation, plus great local apps highlights from Qantas, GoCatch, Pizza Hut, Australia Post and Foxtel Guide.
The Nokia Lumia 610 is aimed at people who want an affordable introduction to Windows Phone. It provides access to social networks, web browsing, music, games, navigation and tens of thousands of apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace.
Lumia 900 $699
Lumia 610 $329