Trend Micro Updates Cloud Security Infrastructure
- Better analyses data threats
- New custom tools
- More ability to collect info on threats
Trend Micro has updated its Smart Protection Network, the cloud-based security infrastructure introduced in 2008 that powers most of the company’s products and services.
The latest iteration of the Smart Protection Network incorporates big data analytic capabilities that enable Trend Micro to identify new security threats across a broader range of data sources, delivering global threat intelligence that stops, claims the company.
With this announcement, the Smart Protection Network now includes:
- Newly added technologies that include mobile app reputation (for mobile threats), vulnerability rules (for vulnerability and exploits), network inspection rules (for network communications), and in-the-cloud whitelisting (for minimizing false positives). These combine with the Smart Protection Network’s existing reputation technologies — Web reputation, Email reputation, and File reputation – to further Trend Micro’s global threat intelligence.
- New, custom tools to correlate critical relationships among all the components of an attack, and model cybercriminal behavior and the environments they work in to quickly determine whether something is good or bad. This modeling allows the company to proactively identify new threats from the data streams using behavioral-based identification methods.
- An evolved cloud infrastructure that is claimed to allow for a greater capacity to collect threat data without consuming bandwidth on customers’ networks and endpoints.
- The Smart Protection Network provides automated protection through its cloud infrastructure enabling Trend Micro to protect customers across physical, mobile, virtual, and cloud environments.