Toshiba Claims Thinnest Notebook Yet
- Z830 said to be world’s thinnest ultrabook
- 7-inch tablet makes debut
- All-in-one 23-inch touchscreen
Toshiba has showcased its latest range of tablets and laptops in time for Christmas, which is less than 10 weeks away.
First up is what the company claims is the world’s thinnest and lightest 13.3-inch Ultrabook Z830, which is due to arrive in stores in early November. Featuring asecond Generation Intel Core processorand weighing in over a kilogram it also measures less than 16mm in thickness.
Joining Ultrabook is the Toshiba 7-inch Tablet (AT1S0) which will be available from the end of October. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, coat pocket or handbag, the 7-inch Tablet (AT1S0) weighs in at 399g and is designed consumers who want entertainment-optimised features in a portable size.
For home use, Toshiba has introduced its latest All-In-One (DX730) with a more vibrant 23-inch Full HD touchscreen with fingertip control. This means consumers can enjoy a great experience surfing the internet, watching TV and movies, or connecting with loved ones using the HD web cam. It is available now in stores.
Key specifications of the Ultrabook are:
- Magnesium cladding finish
- 13.3-inch screen with a 1366×768 display
- Toshiba’s honeycomb structure provides the strength and durability to withstand knocks and bumps
- Latest Intel 2nd Generation Intel Core processor along with integrated graphics, SSD storage and memory up to 6GB DDR3
- Super thin, backlit, spill resistant keyboard
- 3x USB ports (1x high-speed USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0)
- Connectivity includes ethernet jack, HDMI and VGA output, and SD card slot
- 128GB Solid State Hard Drive
The AT1S0 tablet is powered by Android 3.2, and has standard features that include twin cameras, micro HDMI and mini USB ports, as well as a micro SD card slot and enhanced AV stereo sound.
Other features include:
- 8GB storage
- LED backlit AutoBrite multi-touch display
- 1280×800 resolution
- Toshiba’s Adaptive Display and Resolution+ video enhancement technologies
- Stereo speakers that deliver richer audio in music and movies with more natural sound and enhanced clarity
- Powered by Android3.2 and the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- Dual-core processor for fast performance for web browsing and multitasking
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics for quality gaming
- Two HD cameras: a five megapixel camera with an LED flash on the back for capturing high-quality pictures and video on the go, plus a two megapixel camera on the front for video chatting
The All-In-One DX730 features a 23-inch Full High Definition touchscreen, Onkyo speakers with sub-woofers, Blu-Ray and DVD drives, as well as an integrated Digital TV Tuner.
Other features include:
- Glossy black finish
- The 23-inch Full HD Clear Super View screen creates bright, immersive images with vibrant colours
- The touchscreen lets users interact and control actions with simple fingertip moves
- Dedicated graphics card
- A wireless keyboard and mouse
- Toshiba’s Face Recognition application
- 6GB RAM
- 2TB Hard Drive
- Intel’s Core i5 processor and the latest nVIDIA GeForce graphics
- HDMI in/out6x USB ports (2x high-speed USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0)
- HD Webcam/Microphone
A host of additional refreshed models have also been included in today’s launch including the NB550D, Satellite C665, Satellite L730, Satellite L750, Satellite P750, Qosmio F750 and Qosmio X770.
Featuring the new high-performance, dual core, AMD Fusion A-series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), the netbook boasts increased speeds, High Definition graphics and a battery life of up to eight hours dependent on usage. Available in blue, brown, green and orange, this lightweight netbook has a 320GB memory.
The Toshiba Satellite C665 includes a choice of Intel Core i3 or Core i5 processor and is said to have all the features you need for everyday computing.
The Toshiba Satellite L730 features 750GB memory, this 13.3-inch notebook is said to appeal to the fashion conscious with its luxe white finish and white keyboard.
The latest Toshiba Satellite L750 supports Intel’s Core i7 quad core processor. Available in either grey or luxe white.
Also included is this refresh is the updated Satellite P750, which is 3D enabled and comes with 3D vision glasses. Designed for playing games or watching TV, the Satellite P750 can output 3D via HDMI to a 3D capable TV. It also features 750GB memory and 8GB RAM.
Toshiba’s Qosmio F750 features a 750GB hard drive and extra 8GB RAM.
The Qosmio X770 features a hybrid drive, combining the extra speeds of an SSD drive with a regular hard drive.
Tablet 7-inch AT1S0 $449
Netbook NB550D from $499
Satellite C665 from $649
Satellite L730 from $899
Satellite L750 from $999
Satellite P750 from $1,599
Qosmio F750 from $1,699
Qosmio X770 $2,799