Tablet Price War As LG’s G Pad Released
As predicted by CyberShack, LG’s just released G Pad tablet comes with an 8.3-inch screen, with a range of connectivity features, but also comes in at $399, which means it is going up against Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the iPad Air. However, it will be a wifi-only device. “We believe that customers are looking for compact portability without compromising…
As predicted by CyberShack LG’s just released G Pad tablet comes with an 8.3-inch screen, with a range of connectivity features, but also comes in at $399, which means it is going up against Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the iPad Air. However, it will be a wifi-only device.
“We believe that customers are looking for compact portability without compromising on technology when buying a tablet. The G Pad 8.3 marks LG’s entrance into the tablet category and we’re thrilled to be launching such an innovative and premium product. With its beautiful display and slim design, the device packs a punch thanks to its long-lasting battery and quad-core 1.7GHz processor,” said Lambro Skropidis, General Manager Marketing for LG Australia.
LG’s world class partnerships in core technologies of display and battery strengthen the G Pad’s technical capabilities, making it a truly powerful device.
The LG G Pad is designed for consumers on the go and has a side bezel of 7.2mm. Weighing 338g, the G Pad 8.3 has a 4600mAh lithium polymer battery, which the company claims will last for a long time, although they have yet to provide exactly how long that would be under full usage. for long-lasting usage time. This combined with a quad-core 1.7GHz processor and LG’s display technologies allows the G Pad to deliver powerful technology in a stylish and compact package while maintaining portability.
Features of the tablet include:
- QPair: Switch between devices without hesitation. Once QPair links the LG G Pad with your Android smartphone
- Call/ Message Notification alerts users if their smartphone receives a call or message. Users can reply to messages via text/SMS directly from their G Pad
- Internet via Phone. With the push a button and the LG G Pad will sync with a user’s smartphone’s wireless connectivity, or another open network
- QuickMemo Transfer: QuickMemo allows users to write or draw on either screen and then share the memo seamlessly between the LG G Pad and a smartphone.
- QRemote: Compatible with most brands, users control their TV, DVD and Bluray players from one device and the LG G Pad 8.3 doubles as a programmable remote control
- Full HD IPS Display: Incorporating a key attribute of other premium G Series devices, the LG G Pad 8.3 is equipped with a 1920 x 1200 display
- KnockON: This knocking gesture is all it takes. Just tap twice on the LG G Pad 8.3 screen to wake the tablet’s display without picking it up or pressing the power key. When finished, two taps on the screen will turn the display off again
- Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor
- Memory: 16GB eMMC (Micro SD up to 64GB)
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR2
- Network: wifi only
- Camera: Rear 5.0MP AF/ Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 4,600mAh Lithium Polymer
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Size: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 338g