St George Updates App
- Budget planner part of app
- Stats show men more confident about budgeting
- Less than half of Aussies budget
St.George Bank has revamped its mobile App to include a budget planner, which it hopes will simplify the budgeting process for people.
The banks says its research has found that more than a quarter (27.6 percent) of Australian’s do not have a household budget because they thought it would be ‘too hard’ or ‘take too long’.
Other statistics collected by the bank include:
- Less than half (49.0 percent) of Australians have a budget.
- Women felt less confident managing their finances than men – 20.5% of females stated that they felt poorly equipped or not equipped at all to manage their budget and finances, compared with 13.8% of men –.
- Usage of the St.George mobile app has almost doubled over the past year (March 2011 – March 2012).
Other features of the app include:
- New design which is easy to navigate
- The ability to open savings and transaction accounts instantly via the App alone
- Helps customers find products that best suit their needs
- Access to the latest bank information via an integrated Twitter feed
- ATM and branch locator
- Overseas payments