Security Apps For Smartphones
- Retrieve old versions of files
- Sync across multiple computers
- Eliminates need to manually remove move files
Security software specialist Trend Micro has releases new mobile apps to be used on iPhone and Android platforms.
Safesync is designed to let users access any file type including music, videos, pictures and documents, while keeping them protected and in-sync across multiple computers and mobile devices.
SafeSync is claimed to eliminate the need to manually move files from one PC to another. With remote access, files can be accessed on the go from virtually any online desktop, laptop, smartphone or web device.
Safesync is an online data sharing solution secured by Trend Micro’s own data centres, with multiple security measures, plus SAS 70 Type 2 certification and 256-bit SSL encryption – the same encryption a bank uses. With capabilities like “versioning”, users can go back to any version of a previously saved file through SafeSync. Version history provides an additional layer of data protection for users who may need to access older files. Additional SafeSync benefits include ease of sharing, remote access, and intuitive user interface.
The introduction of SafeSync mobile apps allows users to access their stored files from iOS or Android mobile devices and upload newly captured photos or videos directly to SafeSync. Users can preview photos and videos as thumbnails before downloading onto their phone; view previously accessed files while offline; and stream audio or video files from SafeSync without downloading files to their iOS or Android device.
SafeSync mobile features:
- Listen to audio files and watch videos from your SafeSync account without downloading
- Upload any file stored on your SD card, including photos, audio, documents & more (Android only)
- Take new photos or videos and upload directly to your SafeSync accountView files stored on the SafeSync server
- Easily identify the file type from the icon shown before the file name
- Create, rename or delete folders from your device
- Preview images and videos in thumbnails before downloading or uploading
- View the files offline that were previously accessed
- One click, simple file share capabilities
RRP (annual subscription)