Ricoh Ups The Ante With CX4
Ricoh has launched the latest model in its CX series of digital compact camera, the CX4, which has new creative shooting modes, subject tracking auto-focus system, improved image stabilisation technology and host of other sophisticated features.
It also offers up new soft focus, cross process and toy camera shooting modes, which join the miniaturise, high contrast black-and-white and dynamic range modes first introduced by the CX2. Photographers need choose the desired mode then press the shutter release button for unique results that capture the essence of their imaginations.
In addition, Ricoh has included a “night landscape multi-shot mode” to allow CX4 users to experience handheld, tripod-free photography after dark. Using this feature, the camera reduces the image noise normally associated with pictures taken under low light by automatically and precisely combining four exposures shot at high sensitivities into a single optimally exposed photograph.
Crisp, clear photos are further assured with the evolution of Ricoh’s image stabilisation technology. Whether shooting under dim indoor lighting or while making the most of the 10.7x wide angle zoom lens (28-300 mm equivalent), the improved image stabiliser reduces blur by an average of about 3.7 shutter-speed stops.
The CX4 also offers a new subject-tracking auto-focus system that automatically tracks the subject, ensuring that photographs are in focus and correctly exposed whenever the shutter is released. Ideal for shots of active children and pets, this feature is also perfect for close up photos of flowers and other subjects that demand careful composition.
Other features include:
- High burst rates of 5 frames per second (maximum pixels) during continuous shooting to ensure no scene ever gets away.
- “Scene auto mode” – just point the camera at the subject and the camera optimises settings for best results.
- HD movie recording with a frame size of 1280 x 720 pixels.
- A macro mode that can be used to take photos as close as 1cm or at distances as close as 28cm when the camera is zoomed all the way in.
- 3-inch high resolution LCD monitor featuring an anti-reflection coating to ensure clear visibility even in bright sunlight.