Protect Multiple Devices Using One Service
- For PCs, Macs and mobile devices
- Expected in Q1/2 of 2012
- Only one membership needed per household
Symantec’s Norton One is a personalised service that will protect consumers across multiple devices and gives them the option to select a combination of solutions that work for them, says Symantec.
Today’s Internet-enabled household relies on multiple devices to communicate, work, shop and play. Norton market research has found that consumers in the U.S. have an average of 4.5 devices in their household between desktop computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more. All these devices need protection against online threats, but protection needs to provide more than just basic security and must cover the distinct needs of all the household’s connected devices.
Norton One is said to be the industry’s first membership-based offering spanning PC, Mac and mobile security solutions. Features of the service include:
- One membership is needed to protect each connected device in the household, all managed from a user interface.
- Customers will be able to pick and choose the technologies and support options they need to stay protected on all the devices they own – PCs, Macs, and mobile.
- New devices can be seamlessly added to the membership and protected against online threats.
- Licenses can be moved between devices or removed if the device is no longer being used.
- A range of technologies and support will be offered, including security and performance.
The service is expected to be available in the first half of 2012.