Optus Updates MyOptus App
- Tells of service usage
- Offers live chat function
- Change call settings
Optus today launched a new version of its My Optus app, which will be compatible with the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S/SII and select prepaid handsets with more added in the near future.
Developed in partnership with Nuance Communications, the My Optus app allows Optus prepaid and postpaid personal mobile customers to view their service usage, manage simple enquiries such as recharging their account balance, viewing and paying bills and even change their call setup on the go. The app also gives customers the choice to either live-chat with an Optus customer service representative when available or via a call function directly through the app.
iPhone customers are able to download the app from the iTunes store. Samsung Galaxy S and SII Android users will also be able to download the app from the Android marketplace with more mobiles and more features planned for the near future. The app is preloaded on to some of Optus’ most popular prepaid handsets including the Nokia E71, Nokia E63, Samsung Gio and Huawei X1.
Features of the My Optus app include:
- – View account usage including a breakdown of different charge types — such as calls, SMS and data
- View and pay bills — keep track of your bills and avoid late fees by viewing and paying bills on your phone
- Change call settings — divert your phone to another mobile or voicemail at the touch of a button
- Turn on international roaming before you go overseas
- Check and recharge your prepaid account (for eligible prepaid handsets)
- Chat in real time to an Optus Customer Care representative about your service. This is more convenient for our customers than having to call.