Olympus Launches Mini PEN Camera
- Light but functional
- Designed for life on the go
- Has six art filters
Olympus’s PEN Mini E-PM1 is the new entry-level model of the PEN series of cameras designed for easy use by first-time users of digital cameras with interchangeable lenses.
The E-PM1, which weighs 215g (sans battery),represents the culmination of a concerted effort by Olympus to maximise the full size/weight reduction advantages of the Micro Four Thirds System standard, according to the company.
The E-PM1 is designed for capturing life on the go, with what is claimed to be the world’s fastest autofocusing speed and super-responsiveness. With a fast-burst shooting speed of 5fps, the E-unit captures stills and Full HD videos. The latest 12.3 megapixel High Speed Live MOS Sensor (with 1080i Full HD movie capability) enables high data speeds, rapid reaction and high sensitivity shooting at ISO 12800.
This unit incorporates six art filters, which can be seen in LiveView, enabling users to express their creative vision in still photography and HD video capture.
A new multi-motion digital image-stabilisation algorithm for HD video recording gives good handheld video results which are shake-free, even when both the user and video subject are in motion.
Other features include:
- Wide-aspect LCD screen–3-inch LCD screen in16:9 aspect
- Live Guide-Streamlined user interface for easy, intuitive adjustment of brightness, colour balance, background defocusing and other photographic parameters
- Clip-on flash with wireless control capability
- A choice of trendy colours – black, brown, pink, white, silver and purple.
- Simplified user interface for easy operation
- Ultrafast autofocus using new FAST AF system (as used in the flagship E-P3model)
- 35-area multiple AF with point and group area selection
- High-speed5 fps burst shooting for action photography
- High image quality inherited from the E-P3
- New 12.3-megapixel High-Speed Live MOS Sensor with full HD movie compatibility
- New TruePic VI image processing engine
- Advanced movie recording
- Built-in stereo microphones
- Built-in sensor-shift type image stabilisation plus electronic movie image stabilisation using the multi-motion compatible movie IS system
- Tone control for individual variations of the tones of bright and dark sections. One-push 2x digital tele converter function
- Menu Guide to clarify menu items
- 3D Photo Shooting
- Dust reduction system
- RRP: TBC