Norton Ups The Ante In Cloud Protection
- Next gen firewall protection
- Bandwidth monitoring
- Protection for those using Windows 8 Metro apps
Norton has released the 2013 public betas of the Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus and Norton 360. Available for free download from the Norton beta website, these products are designed for compatibility with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, in addition to Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
In addition to delivering core protection via the cloud, the betas are claimed to include improved cloud-enabled features such as Norton Management, Norton Identity Safe and online backup, which allow consumers to manage their security and keep their personal information safe, anywhere, anytime.
The 2013 betas are designed to outperform the previous versions. New features include:
- Metro App Protection – New protection capabilities provide security for consumers using Windows 8 Metro apps.
- Next Generation Firewall Protection – Norton’s Insight technology has been incorporated into the Norton firewall to improve the ability to detect and block malicious network activity including botnet activity which attempts to steal consumers’ personal information.
- Bandwidth Monitoring – Increased intelligence and improved integration with the operating system will help consumers avoid costly data overage fees by limiting non-critical updates on bandwidth sensitive networks.