Norton Beta Free Download Available
- Checks file safety before downloads
- Remotely add Norton products
- New streamlined interface
Norton by Symantec has released the public beta of version 6.0 of its security suite Norton 360. The beta is available for free download from the Norton beta website, and includes the core security technology found in Norton Internet Security 2012, in addition to enhanced PC tuneup and backup capabilities.
According to Symantec’s internal testing, the version 6.0 beta outperforms the Norton 360 version 5.0 on key performance metrics, including an average improvement of over 50 percent on file copy impact.
New features include:
- Norton Identity Safe in the Cloud – Protects personal and financial information from cybercriminals and keeps users safe from fraudulent websites. New streamlined interface, simplified login experience, and ability to store passwords in the cloud make accessibility easy from any computer with Norton Internet Security 2012 or Norton 360 version 6.0 beta installed.
- Norton Management – New web-based functionality lets users manage their Norton products from anywhere in the world. Userscan remotely add Norton products, manage security settings and update subscriptions, making it simple to check on the health of their devices or fix issues without needing to be there in person.
- Download Insight Stability Ratings – Checks every downloaded file for safety beforeinstallation and now provides users with additional data about the predicted stability of the application in their environment based on the stability experiences of millions of other Symantec users.
- Bandwidth Management – Limits non-critical Norton updates when connected to metered networks to avoid using up monthly data allotments or causing overage fees.
In addition, continuing features include:
- Norton Insight – Norton’s exclusive reputation-based security technology leverages the anonymous software adoption patterns of millions of contributing Symantec users to automatically identify and block never before seen malicious software.
- SONAR – SONAR technology monitors running applications for suspicious behavior to quickly detect and disable previously unknown threats.
- Norton User Experience – From the streamlined main user interface, Norton 360 version 6.0 beta offers quick access to Norton Mobile Security Lite, Norton Cybercrime Index, Norton Online Family and website ratings service Norton Safe Web.