New Twist In Price Wars As Big W Gets iPhone App
- Compares prices with other stores
- Includes store locator feature
- Add products to a shopping list
Big W has launched an App for iPhone and iPad that will be able to scan the barcode of any product at another store and if Big W stocks it, their price will be displayed, too. This will allow consumers to compare and contrast prices – somewhat of a risk to Big W if the competitor’s prices are continually cheaper.
People can add items to a shopping list by scanning a barcode, reviewing the product list in the catalogue or by adding a photo. The App also includes the latest company catalogues and a store locator with detailed opening hours and available facilities.
Features in a nutshell are:
- Price Scanner: Customers can scan the barcode of any product and if BIG W stock the product, the BIG W price will display allowing customers to compare the price.
- Catalogue Viewer: Customers will be able to view the Big W current catalogues in a catalogue view or in a list of products.
- Store Locator: Customers will be able to search for a BIG W store and find opening times and available facilities.
- Shopping list: A customer can add a product to a shopping list by scanning the product barcode, reviewing the catalogue product list or taking a photo of the product.