Netgear Wifi Range Extender Gets Rid Of Dead Spots
- Reduces wifi dead spots
- Boosts overall coverage in home
- Reduces interference
With the growing number of internet enabled devices in Australian homes, Netgear has introduced the Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender, its first dual-band device in the category.
Called the WN2500RP, this unit boosts coverage of both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi signals simultaneously, enhancing wifi range while avoiding wifi interference. It is designed for consumers with wifi dead spots in different areas of the home.
“Research from NETGEAR has found the average consumer has more than six digital devices around the house,” said Brad Little, Senior Director of Consumer Channels, Netgear Australia and New Zealand. “The new WN2500RP is the latest addition to our range … wifi range extender products that further enhance Australians’ connected lifestyles. With the popularity of mobile devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones, the WN2500RP improves wireless coverage throughout the home,” claims Little.
Other features include:
- Boosts coverage of both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi signals simultaneously, reducing WiFi dead spots
- Supports wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n standards and compatible with any single or dual band WiFi router or service provider gateway
- FastLane Technology provides high-speed wifi over a single band, enabling maximum bandwidth for HD video streaming and online gaming
- Four ports to allow Ethernet-enabled devices like Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, and smart TVs to operate wirelessly
- CD–less and Ethernet cable free set-up
- Dynamic LEDs for real-time network connection status and optimal placement