Navman Gets Updates On The Go
Navman’s new series of GPS devices called the MY Series introduce features that are claimed to improve navigation for drivers.
Included in the series are spoken landmark guidance, trip overviews and new Smart Route information based on traffic research gathered by SUNA –bundled with a 24 month subscription to map upgrades and two years warranty.
Available in store from mid August, the latest Navman MY Series’ features include:
- Spoken Landmark Guidance that guides you according to easy to see landmarks, for example “turn right at the petrol station”;
- Smart Route information based on historical traffic data from SUNA Predictive;
- New SUNA Live Traffic information;
- Trip Select route option overview which shows a snapshot of the various route options at the start of the journey, so that the user can choose their preferred way to a chosen destination;
- Time dependent Spoken Safety Alerts which warn the driver about school zones, red light cameras, etc;
- MY Drive inbuilt feature that learns a driver’s habits and calculates ETA and routes accordingly;
- Trip Planner to calculate the best routes to take when there are several destinations;
- Lonely Planet Guided Tours for Navteq which gives travel information for approximately 25 excursions nationally ;
- Driver Fatigue Alert Warning alert which appears after two hours of continuous driving;
- Tunnel Assist feature for better guidance through tunnels; • Optional 4WD tracks for off-road fun and adventure;
- Audio Video IN multimedia only available in the top of the range model; it can also be used with a camera (sold separately) for use when rear-reversing;
- New ways to search a destination including POI searches, via GPS coordinates, intersection searches and searches for destinations along a route;
- Hardware upgrades such as faster processing with WIN CE 6.0 and improved sound quality with a 36mm speaker.