Livescribe Connects With Facebook and Google
- Smartpens interact with Facebook and Google
- Can email notes and audio recordings
- Send pencasts to other mobile devices
Livescribe has announced Livescribe Connect for the Echo and Pulse smartpens, which makes it simple for business professionals, educators and students to send their handwritten notes and recorded audio, as an interactive pencast, to the people and online applications of their choice – all from paper.
Livescribe smartpens digitally capture everything people hear and write. To play back important information, a customer taps anywhere on handwritten notes in a Livescribe notebook, on a computer, or a mobile device. With the introduction of Livescribe Connect, consumers can send pencasts from paper to applications, such as email, Google Docs, Facebook, Evernote or their mobile devices, including the Apple iPad and iPhone.
Livescribe Connect also makes it possible for anyone to interact with the information as a Pencast PDF. The Pencast PDF leverages Adobe’s business-standard PDF format –anyone with the Adobe Reader 10 or higher can hear, see and share an interactive Pencast PDF.
To use Livescribe Connect, a consumer draws a line and writes the name of the desired destination, for instance “Evernote” or “Facebook,” then taps the pages or circles sections of a page to send. The next time the smartpen is docked to a computer, the notes and audio are automatically sent as a pencast.
People can also use Livescribe Connect within Livescribe’s free desktop software – simply drag and drop pages of notes to Connector icons to quickly send or share them.
Livescribe supports the following connectors:
- Email Connector: Handwritten notes and audio recordings from meetings or lectures are emailed using Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail Plus and AOL.
- Google Docs Connector: By drawing a line and writing “Google Docs” on paper, anyone working on a collaborative project can share a pencast with his or her team.
- Facebook Connector: Facebook uses have a new way to share their latest thoughts –as interactive written and spoken status updates.
- Evernote Connector: Send pencasts to Evernote to play back, store and search the information along with other digital files.
- Mobile/iPad Connector: Send pencasts from paper to mobile devices, including the Apple iPad and iPhone. Play back information on-the-go with the tap of a finger.
- MyLivescribe Connector: All registered customers receive 500MB of free online storage for their pencasts. With the MyLivescribe connector, customers can upload and store pencasts for access from mobile devices.
- Computer Connector: A way to save and organise Pencast PDFs and other supported formats on a computer – users can designate the specific folder or shared server location where pencasts should be sent.