Konsoles for Kids charity auction
To celebrate the Xbox 360 console’s first birthday in Australia, customised consoles signed by some of Australia’s biggest celebrity names are about to go under the virtual hammer on internet auction site eBay to raise cash for the Make-A-Wish foundation.
The campaign, called Konsoles for Kids, kicks off this week with the first round of consoles up for grabs on eBay from March 23. The star studded array of Xbox 360 consoles will be auctioned off on a weekly basis with some of the first available including Oscar winner Russell Crowe and racing legends Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes.
- Award winning movie maker Peter Jackson
- Oscar winner Russell Crowe
- Legendary kids entertainers The Wiggles, featuring the all-new Yellow Wiggle
- Sporting greats Shane Warne, Sonny Bill Williams and Andrew Johns
- Motorsport legends Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes
- Australia’s favourite face Megan Gale
- WBA Super-Middleweight world champion Anthony Mundine
- Bungie studios, the makers of upcoming Xbox 360 blockbuster game Halo 3
In addition to the money that is raised on eBay, Microsoft Australia has pledged to donate $1000 to Make-A-Wish for every customised Xbox 360 console that goes under the virtual hammer.David McLean, Regional Director, Xbox Australia and New Zealand, is hoping the celebrity pull of the Konsoles for Kids campaign will have gamers clambering for their piece of the Xbox 360 birthday action. “We are ecstatic to be able to support a great charity like Make-A-Wish and, at the same time, celebrating the fruits of our very successful year in Australia.” Source: Konsoles for Kids
Related Links: Xbox Australia