HTC Unveils A Legend
HTC's new Legend handset comes with a 3.2 inch, AMOLED HVGA display, and an optical joystick that is surrounded by a narrow button to make phone navigation easy, claims the manufacturer.
Other features include:
- Automatically lowers the ringer volume as soon as the phone is picked up
- Mutes the ringer when the phone is flipped face down
- Backs up certain data and settings to the microSD card automatically, such as SMS/MMS messages, bookmarks, and Wi-Fi passwords
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Social media integration including Facebook, HTC Peep for twittering and Friend Stream
- News widget that combines news feeds into a single easy accessible place
- Photo sharing on Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter
- Video sharing on YouTube
- Enhanced support for exchange security features, such as password protection and remote data wipe
- High fidelity experience with Adobe Flash support brings to life the vast video and gaming content of the Internet
There is also the HTC Sense feature, which is focused on putting people at the centre by making phones work in a more simple and natural way, claims HTC.
HTC Sense focuses on improving interactions with people close to you. This begins with a new HTC application and widget called Friend Stream that seamlessly aggregates all of your social communication including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr into one organised flow of updates. This aggregation allows users to focus on what friends are doing as well as to view the images and links that they share.
In addition to Friend Stream, people can be organised into specific social circles, such as groups of friends, colleagues or any other way that makes sense. The new HTC Sense experience also introduces broad improvements to applications including the browser, email client and others. It also includes a new newsreader application and widget, as well as a new seven-screen ‘Leap’ thumbnail view for quick and easy access to specific screens.
$0 up front on the $49