GE Cameras Come With Advanced Pixel Technology
- Increased shutter speed
- Offers vibrant colour in low light conditions
- Small design, but big features
General Imaging will reveal the latest additions to its camera range at this month’s PMA Expo in Sydney.
Two of the new models will be the first GE digital cameras that feature advanced Aptina A-Pix CMOS pixel technology, which brings distinct performance enhancing features to the new GE cameras.
New features include increased shutter speed, the ability to continuously shoot in high speed (10 fps), high-performance 1080p HD video recording, and enhanced light sensitivity for sharper images with vibrant colour in low light conditions.
With the addition of the new J1456W, the GE Smart Series now offers consumers a choice of AA or rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. The GE J1456W features: 5X optical zoom, a new 28mm wide-angle lens, 720p HD video recording and over 20 individual scene modes, including pan-capture, image stabilisation and a new sketch mode, housed in a new compact design.
New cameras include:
- The GE G100 is acompact modelbridge camera in the mega zoom category with 15X optical zoom, 14 megapixels and is designed for the photography enthusiast moving from a point-and-shoot to a more powerful camera. Aptina A-Pix CMOS pixel technology allows the G100 to shoot high-speed photos (10fps) and advanced high-performance 1080p Full-HD video. A built-in HDMI port allows users to connect the camera to a HDTV for instant group sharing. The GE G100 is equipped with over 30 different shooting modes and all the must-have features GE digital cameras are known for, such as a large 3.-inch high-resolution LCD, optical image stabilisation and a 3200 ISO for more light sensitivity. It also features multi-exposure, object tracking and HDR with image blending. Available in October, 2011.
- GE1410 has14 megapixels and 10X optical zoom in a thin and stylish design. It is suitable for anything from hiking trips to weekends in the city. It is capable of taking sharp, multi-burst photos with increased shutter speed, a result of incorporating Aptina A-Pix CMOS pixel technology. It is said to have enhanced light sensitivity and the ability to take advanced, high-performance 1080p Full-HD video. This model is set to be released in October, 2011.
- GE J1456W Smart Series: The GE J1456W adds a second rechargeable Lithium-ion battery model to GIC’s best-selling entry camera range, the GE Smart Series. This model has features that include smile, face and blink detection; red-eye removal; 720p HD video capabilities and award-winning pan-capture panorama shooting mode with a new 28mm wide angle lens. The GE J1456W will launch in August, 2011.
GE E1410 $229
GE J1456W $129