Foxtel App Allows Remote Recording
- Android-based EPG for Foxtel
- Users can record remotely via smartphone
- App is free to download
Foxtel is making its TV guide available to view on mobile handsets and tablet devices running Google’s Android operating system, and to download for free from the Android Market.
The App joins the Foxtel iPhone and iPad App, and has remote record functionality, which means Foxtel iQ and iQHD subscribers can use any Android mobile device to record TV shows to plan their viewing on the go and record shows directly to the iQor iQHD.
- This application allows customers to;
- view programs available on Foxtel up to 14 Days in advance,
- add channels to a Favourites list for quick access,
- search for a program,
- view a short summary about each show,
- set remote record for shows to be recorded on the iQ or iQHD;
- and send reminder alerts for programs.
Reminder Alerts are sent 15 minutes before the show begins at no extra charge. The Alerts contain the name of the show, the channel and what time it starts to make sure viewers don’t miss a moment.
To download the Foxtel TV Guide application, users can visit the Android Market from any Android device and search for ‘Foxtel. The application is free and available to both Foxtel subscribers and non-subscribers.