FetchTV Takes on The World
- Mandarin and Hindi Channels
- No satellite dish required
- Uses broadband to stream pics
FetchTV has announced details of its World Channels packages which will expand the entertainment options available for foreign language speakers in Australia.
The new World Channels available include:
- 15 Mandarin channels in The Great Wall TV Package;
- 12 Singaporean and Taiwanese Mandarin channels;
- 12 Hindi channels; and
- 11 Pakistani channels.
The new packages will expand the viewing options for the over 220,000 Mandarin speakers; the 230,000 plus Australians of Indian origin; and the up to 35,000 Australians of Pakistani origin. More world channels, including Greek and Italian, will follow in 2011.
Scott Lorson, CEO, Fetchtv said: “Multicultural programming is an important part of the FetchTV strategy, which recognises and caters for Australia’s diverse range of cultural backgrounds. The holy grail is getting the right content to the right people at the right price. Adding world channels alongside the extensive English language content, combined with our unique delivery model, means Australia’s rich multicultural population can access a huge range of international programming in a way that wasn’t possible before.”
FetchTV is available via Australian ISPs and is delivered to the customer’s TV via a standard broadband connection and a FetchTV set top box (STB). Programming is available in broadcast quality (including HD where available) and is unmetered, meaning it doesn’t count towards internet downloading quotas.
Because FetchTV is delivered over broadband, a satellite dish is not required to receive the packages. This means that the new services can be accessed by a larger proportion of the Hindi, Pakistani and Mandarin speaking communities than can receive existing subscription TV options.
Each world package is available for an additional $19.95, on top of the basic $29.95 a month subscription package which includes:
- Fifteen subscription channels including:
CNBC Australia, BBC World News, Fox Sports News; National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Adventure, Baby TV, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Home & Health, Discovery TLC, Discovery Science, Animal Planet, E! Entertainment Television, MTV Music Television, MTV Classic and MTV Hits
- Six VOD channels:
- Gekko and HiJinx -children’s channels featuring Bob the Builder, The Wiggles, Banana’s in Pajamas and more;
- Warner TV – featuring Gossip Girl, The Big Bang Theory and other series;
- Frontiers – science fiction programming including Stargate, Outer Limits and Poltergeist the legacy; and
- Profiles and Chronicles -featuring award winning biography and history programs from AETN.
- Five international News channels in English – NDTV 24×7 from India; CCTV News from China; France 24; euronews and Al Jazeera English.
- Movie Box including 30 movies from Roadshow Entertainment, Warner, Disney Media Distribution and MGM available at any time:
- Movies are refreshed seven each week, with each movie available instantly on-demand for 30 days.
- Access to a pay-per-view library of new-release and classic movies from the main movie studios. PPV movies are priced at $3.95 for a library film, $5.95 for a standard definition film and $6.95 for an HD film.
- Interactive content such as games and applications for Facebook, Wiki, Twitter and more.
- The FetchTV set-top-box provides access t o all available digital free-to air channels. It also contains a digital video recorder with a 1 TB hard disk, three digital tuners (so you can record two and watch a third channel), the ability to pause, rewind and record live TV and true 1080p HD quality.