Dell Claims Long Battery Life
Dell today announced its latest Inspiron laptop is powered by AMD Athlon II Neo Mobile processors and integrated ATi graphics and achieves up to 6 hours and 36 minutes of operation with its standard six-cell rechargeable battery.
Whether a student running between classes or a mum trying to keep the kids entertained, carrying this 1.56Kg laptop that fits easily in a handbag or backpack helps lighten the load. Despite its diminutive size, the Inspiron M101z laptop packs performance punch, nimbly stepping through everyday tasks quickly and delivering impressive playback of streaming movies and HD videos. The unit features a full-width keyboard that is claimed to simplify typing and navigation.
It comes comes with Syncables Desktop software that synchs photos, music, video and data with a primary computer for quick, on-the-go access. Other applications pre-installed include Skype and Cozi Family Organizer.
- 11.6-inch TrueLife HD glossy WLED display (1366×768)
- Full-width ergonomic keyboard with raised individual keypads
- Up to 4GB of fast DDR3 memory at 800MHz
- Up to 320GB SATA hard drive that can store 142 hours of DVD-quality video, 38 hours of HD video or up to 80,000 MP3 songs
- Built-in 1.3 megapixel Webcam, SRS Premium Sound with two 1.5W speakers, three USB 2.0 connections, one with USB PowerShare, HDMI port, VGA port and 7-in-1 media card reader
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet and Wi-Fi (b/g/n) with Bluetooth 3.0 wireless standard, and optional built in mobile broadband expected to be available later this year
- Selection of colours and finishes including Clear Black, Peacock Blue and Tomato Red with Jax pattern, and Promise Pink with DigiPais pattern and matching design on palmrest
- Standard 6-cell battery with 9-cell battery option expected to be available later this year • Choice of operating systems, up to Windows 7 Home Premium
- Available external DVD/RW drive and portable USB speakers options
- RRP from $99