Blackberry Z30 Fights For Marketshare In Crowded Market
Will Blackberry be sold or won’t it? And if it does get sold will be to be because the buyer will want its patents as opposed to it carrying on as a going concern selling smartphones? Whatever the future holds, it currently is still trying to impress with the release of its latest handset the Z30.
Featuring BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2, the new all-touch BlackBerry Z30 smartphone comes with a 5-inch display and the largest battery yet on a BlackBerry handset. It is designed to keep you hyper connected, productive and always in control, and lets you share like you’re there and collaborate with ease.
Other features include:
- BlackBerry Priority Hub – a place to manage all conversations and notifications. It can now learn what conversations and what people are important to users making it fast and easy to find the messages and information they need. It collects priority messages across email, social networking and other accounts and gives instant access to the conversations most important to help users stay organised and focused on important tasks.
- BBM Now in Any App and Message Previews Everywhere – Users can get a preview of any message as it arrives in whatever app they’re using, and immediately dismiss it or tap it to read the full content and respond. If a BBM message arrives, users can instantly reply to the message without leaving they’re in. In addition, if a phone is locked, users can tap the various icons on the Lock Screen to see an instant preview of most recent messages and notifications.
- It houses a 1.7 GHz processor with quadcore graphics that makes browsing web pages faster and games more detailed.
- Stereo Audio and BlackBerry Natural Sound – It comes with stereo speakers. BlackBerry Natural Sound is new technology that makes BBM Voice and BBM Video chats sound more natural and realistic, claims the company. BlackBerry Natural Sound lets you hear nuances and variations in tone, making conversations sound like you’re in the same room.
- New Antenna Technology – The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone features BlackBerry’s new generation antenna technology that tunes reception to give users better connectivity in low signal areas. BlackBerry Paratek Antenna can gives faster data transfers and fewer dropped calls in low signal areas, keeping users connected in more places.
- Longer Battery Life – The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone includes a 2880 mAh battery, the largest battery ever built into a BlackBerry smartphone. Combined with the battery enhancements in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2, users are claimed to be able to get up to 25 hours of mixed use.
Specific pricing and availability will be announced by partners at the time of their respective launches. A variety of accessories including cases and chargers will also be available.