BenQ Technology Extends Projector Life
- Automatic adjustment of lamp power
- Available for short throw models
- Prolongs lamp life by up to 80 percent
BenQ’s SmartEco technology combines energy efficiency with optimised image contrast and a longer lamp life for its projectors, claims the manufacturer.
This technology is said to enhance the imaging performance and reduce the operating and maintenance cost of projectors. SmartEco works by continually and automatically adjusting the lamp power based on the projected content. This is done without compromising on picture quality: the projector shows improved contrast while keeping its full brightness.
When the projected content contains dark elements, the lamp dims accordingly for those scenes without any loss of visible brightness for the viewer. This is said to prolong lamp life by up to 80 percent and reduction of energy consumption by up to 50 percent.
The first release of Smart Eco in Australia is now available in BenQ’s ultra short throw models, with the technology to apply to all new core ranging projector models released throughout 2012.
The BenQ projector models available with SmartEco technology are:
- MX850UST – Ultra Short-throw XGA available now
- MW851UST – Ultra Short-throw XGA available now
To be released:
- MS513 – Portable SVGA available in early 2012
- MX514 – Portable XGA available in early 2012
- MW516 – Portable Wide XGA available in early 2012
- MW712 – Network Wide XGA available in early 2012
- MX813ST – Short-throw XGA available in early 2012