BBC News App for Android Tablets
- For tablets using Honeycomb 3.0
- What on-demand videos of news
- Share stories with friends
Britain’s BBC has announced the launch of the BBC News app for Android large tablet devices for audiences all around the world.
In an average week, the BBC News sites and apps are visited by around 9.7m users worldwide on mobile and tablet devices, representing about 26 percent of the total visits to BBC News sites. The number of people accessing BBC News on mobiles and tablets has tripled in the last year, according to the state-run broadcaster.
This latest version gives an optimised experience for larger tablets – on devices running Android’s Honeycomb 3.0 operating system and above. Smaller 7.1-inch tablets will continue to receive the smartphone app.
The BBC News app on Android tablets delivers global news, business, politics, health, education, science and environment, technology and entertainment stories, as well as correspondent features and analysis. Key features of the BBC News app on Android are:
- Post stories to social networks, or share via email and SMS
- Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
- On Demand video within stories, in both 3G and wi-fi.
- Listen live to BBC World Service radio
- Personalize your home screen by adding and removing sections
- Set text size to suit your preferences