Are your ears burning?

Several customers have reported overheating issues with their Nokia 6120 and 6210 mobile phones. One customer reported the problem as being so bad it caused the plastic to melt.

Several customers have reported overheating issues with their Nokia 6120 and 6210 mobile phones. One customer reported the problem as being so bad it caused the plastic to melt.

The Australian reports a number of disgruntled customers have complained about the issue to Nokia, however the phone company says that the handset meets industry standards.

Users report that the phone begins to overheat if used for longer than five minutes at a time. One user, Tim Phillips, who bought a Nokia 6120 Classic from Telstra on a 24 month plan, alleged his phone began to overheat minutes into his first conversation.

“After only a few minutes of talking the handset gets so hot that I have to switch ears,” he said.

After reporting the issue to Noia, Phillips was stonewalled by the company who replied that his “Nokia 6120 Classic mobile phone is designed and tested to ensure that it is in compliance with health and safety regulations of concerned international organisations.”

Meanwhile Gold Coast Nokia fan Gayle Watson has discovered similar issues with her Nokia 6210. It started overheating immediately after she bought the phone. Ms Watson alleges the phone has overheated so much that the plastic faceplate is staring to bubble…

Nokia spokeswoman Louise Ingram did not know how many complaints Nokia had received about the 6210 Classic handset but suggested it was normal for electronic devices to generate heat. “As with any electronic device, they generate heat – think of your hair dryer, for example,” she said.

I don’t know about your hairdryer, but mine doesn’t overheat to the point of melting its plastic casing…

Source: The Australian



Post Horizontal Banner

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *