ACCC Review Telecommunications Pricing
The ACCC has announced a fundamental review of the access pricing principles for telecommunications services.
The ACCC’s review into telecommunications access pricing principles will apparently “provide as much certainty as possible to industry and consumers”, according to chairman Graeme Samuel.
These services enable Telstra’s competitors to provide fixed voice and broadband services over Telstra’s copper network. “This will provide as much certainty as possible to industry and consumers while the fundamental approach to pricing is being reviewed,” Samuel said. The review and current prices apply to:
- the unconditioned local loop service (ULLS);
- the line sharing service (LSS);
- the public switched telephone network originating access (PSTN OA) service;
- the public switched telephone network terminating access (PSTN TA) service;
- the local carriage service (LCS);
- and the wholesale line rental (WLR) service.