Xperia Play Gets Exclusive Games
- Minecraft first to mobile on Xperia Play
- First hands-on demos of new games at E3 in early June
- 10 games exclusive to the uni
Sony Ericsson gaming smartphone, the Xperia Play, now has 20 new games, including 10 exclusive titles, that have been optimized for the hybrid device.
Amongst the titles announced today is Minecraft, which has over eight million registered users announced to date and over 50,000 new players joining every day.
In addition to the new titles announced today, Sony Ericsson can confirm that new games from Sony Computer Entertainment’s stable of classic PlayStation 1 titles will be coming to device shortly.
Sony Ericsson’s support for the Android ecosystem also includes its partnerships with key industry players, such as Unity and Havok, with whom it is working to build an ever growing ecosystem. The company is launching a program to support and find new upcoming innovative developers called Stand out from the crowd”, which enables game developers to get their games the profile they need, claims the company.
New Android games exclusive to the Play includes:
- Minecraft by Mojang
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 by Electronic Arts
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Shadow Vanguard by Gameloft
- Desert Winds by Southend Interactive
- Ruined by Bigpoint
- Icebreaker by NaturalMotion
- Sleepy Jack by SilverTree Media
- Cracking Sands by Polarbit
- Aramgeddon Squadron 2 by Polarbit
Other games include:
- Pocket Legends by Spacetime Studios
- Star Legends: The Black Star Chronicles by Spacetime Studios
- Eternal Legacy by Gameloft
- Guns ’n’Glory 2 by HandyGames
- Dungeon Hunter 2 by Gameloft
- Pocket RPG by Crescent Moon Games
- D.A.R.K. developed by Gamelab
- Samurai II: Vengeance by MADFINGER Games
- Vendetta Online by Guild Software
- Order & Chaos – Gameloft
- Happy Vikings by Handy Games
- A Ball Game by Trendy Entertainment
- Lumines by Connect2Media
Costs and arrival time have yet to be announced.