Telstra Warning On Safer Internet Day
Telstra is urging Australians to think about the information they post online ahead of worldwide Safer Internet Day today.
To build awareness of safety and privacy risks and the need to responsibly share information online, Telstra has partnered with the Australian Communications and Media Authority to support Safer Internet Day.
- Think before you post – once information is posted online, even if it’s later deleted or modified, it’s almost impossible to remove completely.
- Keep your personal information private – be careful about the types of details you publish about yourself and never share important information such as your age, address or phone number on social networking sites.
- Keep it locked – ensure your computer is locked with a password when you are not using it. Additionally, make sure your mobile phone uses a PIN so if lost or stolen it can’t be used to auto-sign into your online profiles.
- Stay smart – change passwords on accounts at least twice a year and think before you click on links or attachments from unknown sources.
- Respect other people’s privacy – don’t post photos of other people or share their information without their permission.