Speed Key to Latest Toshiba HDD
- Backs up 10 times faster than USB 2.0 drives
- Claims plug and play abilities
- Can store up to 263,000 songs
Toshiba says its latest hard disk drive (HDD) enables users to back-up their data up toten times faster than the speed of USB 2.0 drives and features a host of smart technologies
The new CanvioPlus 3.0 HDD is also said to feature a host of smart technologies. These include: a simple plug-and-play operation; pre-loaded backup software and the backward compatibility with personal computers and other devices equipped with USB 2.0 ports.
“With the growth of social networking and content sharing, more and more people are storing HD videos, digital images and large digital music collections on their computers,” Phil Daidone, Product Manager, Accessories and Storage, said. “With the integration of the USB 3.0 interface, the new hard disk drive significantly improves file transfer performance for large media files, and minimises the wait time for back-up and recovery processes.”
The device is capable of storing up to 285,000 digital photos, or 263,000 digital music files, or 820 standard definition digital movies.
Other features include:
- Windows-based NTI BackupNow EZ software which provides step-by-step and fully customised backup capabilities including the option to back-up specific folders, certain file types and conduct a system back-up.
- Password protection with 256-bit data encryption to prevent unauthorised access to dataA drive space alert monitor which sends an onscreen update when storage space is running low.
- An internal shock sensor and ramp-loading technology to keep data safe during day-to-day movement and transportation