Resistance 3 Offers 3D Rendition
- Starts four years after end of Resistance 2
- You can play multiplayer co-op
- Can utilise PlayStation Move
Sony and Insomniac Games have launched the third instalment in the first person shooter series, Resistance 3 for PS3.
Resistance 3 is loaded with 3D graphics and action packed gameplay, claims Sony.
Four years after the conclusion of the second chapter, set in an alternate 1950’s universe, 90 percent of Earth's population are dead or have been turned into Chimera. Reduced to hiding with other survivors, including his family in the ruined city of Haven, Oklahoma, fearless and brave survivor Joseph Capelli is near exhaustion fighting against the Chimeran menace. Dr Fyodor Malikov arrives with hope and the opportunity to bring down the surrounding Chimeran force. Capelli leaves his family for New York, through the ruined US landscape.
Along the way he encounters the remnants of humanity left in the aftermath of the brutal Chimeran invasion.
There are a number of ways to play Resistance 3, which include:
- PlayStation Move and stereoscopic 3D support: immerse yourself deeper into the warfare with PlayStation Move enhanced control as well as 3D gameplay
- Sharp Shooter: take down the Chimera with accurate precision with the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter peripheral
- Multiplayerand two-player online (or offline) co-op: team up with friends with the 2 – 16 online multiplayer and 2 player co-op mode – play through the story mode either online or split-screen
This episode brings to you a number of retail game editions to defeat the Chimera. Resistance fans will be able to obtain both Special and Survivor editions that are loaded with content and accessories.
Finally, a special Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2 Platinum Twinpack that takes you to go back to where it all began, when the Russians closed their borders and it was feared they were developing a weapon of unparalleled power. The truth was worse.