Publisher Activates Call of Duty Elite
- New service designed for multiplayer
- Track progress of entire network
- Premium membership available
Activision's new online service, Call of Duty Elite, offers a new level of social engagement that will unite more than 30 million players worldwide.
Additionally, the service will offer exclusive, original entertainment programming designed for the Call of Duty community.
Call of Duty Elitewill offer two-way communication between the service and the game, so that the choices and decisions that players make in Elite through the mobile and web interfaces will affect their in-game experience. The service will be fully integrated into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and will launch alongside the game onNovember 8, 2011.
Call of Duty Elite'sfeatures and services engage the community in three key ways:
- Connect:Call of Duty Elite gives players control over their multiplayer experience, transforming it into a true social network. Players can compete against friends, players of similar skill levels and players with similar interests, join groups, join clans, and play in organized tournaments. They can also track the performance, progress and activity of their entire network, both in the game itself, as well as through mobile and web interfaces. Elite will be an "always on" way for players to connect with the Call of Duty community.
- Compete: Players will have available a constant stream of events and competitions, tiered to group them with those with similar abilities. Both in-game and real-world prizes will be rewarded to all skill levels.
- Improve: Call of Duty Elite provides players with a dynamic strategy guide that tracks their statistics and performances down to the most minute details. It can show gamers how they stack up against their friends or others in the community. Tools and information are provided so players can learn and up their game.
Many key features of Call of Duty Elite will be available to Call of Duty players free of charge. Additionally, for players who want to up their game, Call of Duty Elite will offer a premium membership with a wide range of state-of-the-art services, exclusive entertainment programming and all-inclusive game content for less than the cost of any comparable online entertainment service currently in the market.
The servicewill be accessible on a number of platforms – via web browsers, mobile devices, through game consoles and within the game interface itself – so that players can connect with Call of Duty Elite whenever and wherever they want.