No Keypad With Nokia N9
- Totally touchscreen experience
- No buttons
- Runs MeeGo operating system
Nokia’s N9 smartphone is controlled entirely by touch and swipe gestures and focuses on the things people do most – use apps, socialise and multitask.
With no keypad or home button on thedisplay, the Nokia N9’s curved glass screen produces floating icons that allow fingertip control. Three home views give fast access to what a user wants most,cutting through the clutter, claims Nokia.
Running the new MeeGo operating system, the Nokia N9’s distinct user interface and design are among a number of features that also include:
- Simple swipe gesture to take users through the Nokia N9, guiding the user to the most recently opened app. Once you’re done with an app, just swipe it away.
- 3.9-inch AMOLED screen made from scratch-resistant curved glass.
- Built using a polycarbonate material, the Nokia N9 offers good antenna performance. Reception and voice quality is also improved with fewer dropped calls, claims the manufacturer.
- 8-megapixel Carl Zeiss autofocus sensor, wide-angle lens, HD-quality video capture and large lens aperture enable good camera performance in lowlighting conditions.
- Watch videos in 16:9 widescreen format and enjoy surround sound experience with any headphones – the Nokia N9 is the world’s first smartphone to come with Dolby Digital Plus decoding and Dolby Headphone post-processing technology.
- The latest Near Field Communication (NFC) wireless technology allows users to share images and videos between devices. Pair it with Bluetooth accessories like the new NFC-enabled Nokia Play 360° wireless music speaker to get a surround sound music.
- Free turn-by-turn drive and walk navigation with voice guidance in Maps. With the new dedicated Drive app, you can get in your car and start navigating to your destination without launching Maps.
- The Nokia N9 will be available in black, magenta and cyan.
- RRP: TBC
Storage capacities of 16GB and 64GB.
The Nokia N9 will launch in Australia later this year, with availability and local pricing to be announced closer to sales start.