Lord Of The Rings Gets Reality Check
- Realistic combat
- Co-op play for up to three players
- Chose a race – dwarf, human or elf
The Lord of the Rings: War in the Northis a multiplayer action/RPG video game based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.
It involves the RPG genre through online, interdependent co-op play for up to three players who form their own Fellowship. The game also claims to break new ground as the first LOTR video game to embrace the mature and brutal combat of Tolkien’s Middle-earth.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment holds the rights to create video games based on both the literary and motion picture content from The Lord of the Rings, allowing developer Snowblind to explore original and familiar narrative elements. Exploring previously unseen lands, storylines and characters as well as those familiar from past feature films, gamers experience character customisation and development, expansive co-op gameplay options and upgradeable weapons, skills and special abilities. Players must play together or perish as they work to defeat Sauron’s forces in the North.
- Together, players and their friends will experience an epic, story-based adventure through Middle-earth to experience storylines and characters going beyond what has been seen in the feature films and previous games.
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is the first The Lord of the Rings game to embrace realistic combat as Tolkien depicted it, authentically derived from The Lord of the Rings lore and delivering on action RPG principles.
- Social play is redefined through online, interdependent co-op gameplay which enables three different gamers to play as a complementary group where individual skills enhance the success of each individual and the team as a whole.
- Players choose from three playable races: human, elf or dwarf. Customisation allows for meaningful and rewarding RPG gameplay including established loot and reward systems..
- Play a critical role in an original story and help turn the tide of the war. Gamers experience an original story created especially for the social, collaborative three-player experience established within J.R.R. Tolkien’s lore and approved by Middle-earth Enterprises, who manage Tolkien’s legacy.
- Challenge Missions – Special missions consist of defensive positioning and group raids for up to 3 players, built especially for co-op challenges and not tied to the story.