Gears Of War Launch Date Announced
- Due mid September
- New range of weapons to chose from
- Five-on-five multiplayer
Gears of War 3 will be launching worldwide 20th September 2011, and is said to take place 18 months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto.
Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilisation, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.
Here’s what to expect :
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations.
- New maps including: Trenches which features a sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball.
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Each weapon has its own execution move.