AppMates For the iPad
- Play cars game wirelessly on iPad
- Download app from iTunes
- Cars cost $29.95 each
AppMates are applications designed by movie studio Disney, which are part of a new toy line that comes to life digitally when used with an Apple iPad by allowing kids to use the tablet’s screen as a virtual play mat.
Featuring patent-pending technology, the AppMates toy line features miniature Disney Pixar Cars 2 vehicles with sensors on the base of each toy that are recognised as a unique footprint by an app with no cable or Bluetooth connection required. Users download the free Cars 2 AppMates app from the iTunes app store, place your favourite AppMates toy character on the screen and play.
Kids place their vehicle on the iPad and begin to explore the world of Cars. The Cars 2 AppMate app is a free and was created by Disney for use with AppMates toys. By guiding the vehicle on the screen, the iPad becomes a virtual play mat where kids can experience the world of Radiator Springs.
Cars 2 AppMates features include:
- Exploration – Drive around the world of Radiator Springs to discover landscapes and hidden secrets by simply placing the Cars toy character on the screen and turning it in any direction. Drive through mud and up ramps, visit friends at Flo’s V8 Café or check out your Car’s reflection, showing off your latest gear and gadgets.
- Directed Game Play – Perform missions unique to each character. Completed missions – like helping bring a tow hook back to Mater – gain hubcaps, the virtual currency. Collect enough hubcaps to personalise each car with special features like a unique horn sound, customised tire tracks, and cool gear like a rocket launcher or spy vision goggles.
- Racing – Rev up the action by racing against World Grand Prix opponents and your Radiator Springs friends. Five racetracks are available at launch. Race around Willy’s Butte, jump off Carburetor Mesa and roar through downtown Radiator Springs earning hubcaps in day or night races.
- Each toy unlocks different features and content within the app specific to the character, allowing kids to come back over and over to enjoy an imaginative, open-ended play experience using the Appmates toys. Fans can download and test the app by simply using their fingers to drive a virtual car through the world, but the play experience is optimised to come to life with the Appmates toy vehicles.
Disney AppMates toys will be available from Apple Store and Apple Store online as vehicle two-packs featuring characters including Lightning McQueen, Holley Shiftwell, Tow Mater and Finn McMissile.