Kinect Games Get Exclusivity
- Five new games for Xbox
- Designed by high-end Japanese publishers
- Total immersive gaming with no contoller
Capcom and SEGA have released two exclusive games for Kinect for Xbox 360, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, a battle experience; and the first-person horror adventure Rise of Nightmares.
Microsoft also previewed a new portfolio of Kinect for Xbox 360 games including eerie amusement-park thriller codename D by Grasshopper Manufacture, 3-D adventure game Project Draco by Grounding, and the mystery Haunt by NanaOn-Sha.
“Microsoft has never been more committed to Japanese developers, the heart of innovative gameplay, thrilling stories and iconic heroes,” Phil Spencer, corporate vice president for Microsoft Game Studios said. “To date, Japanese games have already grossed more than $US2 billion on Xbox 360, and today’s announcements signal…opportunities for Japanese developers to deliver the future of gaming with Kinect.”
Here’s a little more in-depth knowledge about these games for Kinect:
- codename D is from the makers of Killer 7 and the No More Heroes series. Gamers must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures.
- Project Draco is from the director of the cult hits Phantom Dust and Panzer Dragoon, Yukio Futatsugi, who brings you a 3-D flying shooter. With the Kinect you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox Live to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience great vistas and engage in battles. •
- Haunt allows gamers to gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery — you’ll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner.
- Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is all-new game revives the Steel Battalion series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom and From Software join forces to bring this collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance.
- Rise of Nightmares offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before.