Horror Director John Carpenter Guides F.E.A.R. 3
- Co-op for two players
- John Carpenter had hand in cinematics
- Random events keep gamers on edge of seats
F.E.A.R. 3 continues the F.E.A.R. brand as a first-person shooter that is claimed to deliver frenetic combat grounded in reality.
F.E.A.R. 3 evolves the brand, introducing Divergent Co-op for two players: deep, social gameplay giving players distinctly different abilities that can affect their own play as well as the experience of their partner.
Players can take on the role of Point Man, a genetically enhanced soldier with superhuman reflexes and the ability to manipulate time, or the undead spirit of his brother Paxton Fettel, a paranormal entity who possesses incredible psychic powers.
F.E.A.R. 3 empowers players with features like active 360 degree cover, evolved slow-mo modes, scoring systems to incentivise personal gameplay style, and best-in-class mech combat. Gamers face an army of soldiers and paranormal enemies who don’t follow the rules of reality.
In the story, nine months ago, Point Man and his F.E.A.R. squad were tapped to stop a telepathically gifted cannibal who had begun a murderous rampage. Point Man learned the target was his brother, Paxton Fettel, working alongside their tortured and psychically powerful mother, Alma Wade. Despite this revelation, Point Man followed orders to destroy them and subsequently ravaged the surrounding city and most of his F.E.A.R. team. Now, it is clear Alma’s psychic influence survived— and worse, she is about to birth something that could destroy the world. Fettel has returned from death with an unclear agenda, refusing to leave Point Man’s side and asking for help to reach Alma. The remaining F.E.A.R. squad is still trying to complete their mission. With his chain of command broken and Point Man calling his own shots, where will his allegiance lie?
- F.E.A.R. 3 evolves the brand, introducing Divergent Co-op: deep, social gameplay that gives players distinctly different abilities that affect their own play as well as the experience of gamers they are playing with… or against.
- The game world is tainted by the Almaverse, the alternate dimension where Alma’s psychic essence subsists. New sinister and fantastical enemy creatures birthed in Alma’s warped mind spill into reality and intensify the panic.
- Proprietary technology creates random events to increase the feeling of isolation and unpredictability when playing alone or with a friend, and offers new experiences each time gamers play through.
- Legendary film director John Carpenter and writer Steve Niles provide their expertise and guidance to take F.E.A.R. 3 ’s intensity to the next level. Niles co-wrote the twisted storyline that reveals the motivations and family dynamics of the main characters, and Carpenter helped craft the cinematics for maximum storytelling and fright factor.