Ahoy! As Pirates Come To Wii
- 27 customisable ships
- Plunder enemy ports
- Pursue famous pirates such as Blackbeard
Sid Meier’s Pirates for Wii allows junior buccaneers to helm one of 27 customisable ships as they descend upon unsuspecting ports of call to amass a motley crew of seafaring bandits. Captains must collect hidden treasure maps, undertake daring missions and courageous rescues, and swiftly hand out pirate-style justice to local braggarts before hearing the wild call of the ocean and setting sail for open sea engagements.
Pirates features a treasure chest of gameplay riches, including the traditional mini-games from the classic original such as sword fighting, ship combat and dancing, as well as two brand new Wii-exclusive mini-games – Bombardment and Lock Picking.
In addition, the Wii version will offer exclusive character and ship customisation options.
Other things to note are:
- Build a fleet: take the helm of 27 ships and enhance their ability to deal out high-seas destruction by upgrading to an assortment of powerful ammo, mighty cannons, and other valuable nautical advancements. You can also change the look of your pirate and his vessel through customisation options.
- Use the Wii Remote to parry, counter and out duel your opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in taverns, and even in the exclusive Governor’s mansion.
- Using the new, Wii-specific mini-games, plunder enemy ports after you bombard them into obedient submission or escape challenging predicaments with your trusty lock-picking set and sail off into the high seas to resume your adventure.
- Increase your riches and steal the heart of the Governor’s beautiful daughter to earn gifts and valuable information that you will need on your journey.
- Make your own story: Challenge and pursue the most infamous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, and Henry Morgan. If you piece together fragmented scraps of map, you can even discover their hidden treasure.