CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CYBERSHACK TV HOST SEARCH AUDITION
TO QUALIFY FOR AN AUDITION YOU MUST:
- be 18 or over;
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- meet all of your own costs and expenses associated with the audition, including travel and accommodation;
- be available for filming on dates mentioned on website and for a second audition if requested;
- follow the entry steps outlined in the website to enter;
- not provide any nudity or profanity;
- not have an agreement or contract that you are unable to terminate without restrictions / obligations; and
- agree to the detailed conditions below.
DETAILED CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN CYBERSHACK TV HOST SEARCH AUDITION
In participating in the audition for CyberShack TV (the "Programme"), you will be deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
1. You must be 18 or over or have been a permanent resident in Australia for at least 2 years.
2. You must abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions of the Programme as devised from time to time by CBN Media Pty Ltd (the "Producer") and you will accept the Producer's decisions as final, recognising that the interests of the Programme shall override those of any auditionee. The Producers includes each person attending the audition who is an employee, contractor or agent of CBN Media Pty Ltd.
3. You warrant that you are applying in your personal and private capacity and that you are not an employee of, or in any way associated with, any news or media outlet, including any web based media outlet, either in Australia or elsewhere.
4. The Producer has no obligation to record and Nine Network Australia Limited has no obligation to broadcast your appearance or any part of your contribution to the auditioning process.
5. Generally, it is a condition of participation that you have not previously entered into any commercial, contractual, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of your technology, gadget or like abilities or the products thereof or in respect of you name likeness, image or biography. However, should you have entered into such an arrangement, you must immediately notify the Producer at the audition and the Producer may take such action as it considers in its absolute discretion to be appropriate including without limitation disqualifying you from the auditioning process.
6. You acknowledge that in reliance on consents given by you, the Producer may incur significant outlays and as an incentive for the Producer to photograph, video, film or record you (there being no obligation on the Producer to do so), you irrevocably agree and consent that the Producer may (and may authorise others to) photograph, video, film, tape and other media and/or record and reproduce you and edit, adapt, alter, omit and otherwise use the resulting materials your name, likeness, image, appearance, actions, voice and/or biographical material (the “Materials”) (which includes, without limitation, any personal information as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)), in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, world-wide, in or in connection with the production, broadcast, marketing, promotion, publicity and exploitation of the Programme, in perpetuity without restriction. The Producer will own all rights, title and interest in any Materials and the results and proceeds of the Materials in perpetuity.
7. You understand that, the Producer may use the Materials (in whole or in part) or show the Materials (in whole or in part) to other persons or companies to decide whether you will be selected to participate in the Programme.
8. Regardless of whether you are selected to participate in the Programme, you agree that the Producers may use the Materials (in whole or in part) in the Programme or any publicity for the Programme or similar programs overseas by means of any media in any way at any time throughout the world without further consent from us or any payment to us.
9. The Producers will own the copyright in the Materials and may edit the Materials in any way and may synchronise the audio from the Materials with other visual images and the vision from the Materials with other audio.
10. Your application does not constitute entry into a relationship or association of any kind with the Producer and you agree that you will receive no payment for your participation in the audition.
11. If selected for an audition, during the audition, you must comply with all requests and directions given by the Producer and fully co-operate with the Producer, not interfere with or damage the set or any equipment used for the audition; not interfere with, impede or abuse any other person at the audition; leave the audition immediately if asked to leave by the Producer; accept that you participate in the audition voluntarily and at your own risk, and agree that the Producer will not be liable to us for any loss or damage or injury to us or to our property or to our reputations caused or suffered in connection with our attendance at the audition or our travel to and from the audition.
12. You agree that the Producer has no obligation to select you to participate in any stage of the audition or in the Programme in their sole and absolute discretion. The Producer may disqualify you at any time from participation in any stage of the audition or the Programme without providing any reasons to us.
13. If you are selected to participate in the Programme, you agree to sign all documents (including agreements, waivers and releases) required by the Producers, to make yourself available at the times and places required by the Producer to participate in the Programme and in any publicity for the Programme and to undertake any medical examination or psychological test, including screening for drugs, prohibited substances and communicable diseases, at times and places determined by the Producer and to provide all medical and other information requested by any person appointed by the Producers to carry out such examination, test or screening.
14. You consent to the Producers making such enquiries as they think fit concerning us and our identities, background or history with the Police or any other authority or organisation.
15. You warrant that you are in good physical and mental health and that do not know of any medical, psychological or other condition that could affect or prevent your participation in the audition or the Programme. You assert and warrant you are not a user of any prohibited drug or substance.
16. You agree that you may not make any application to a court of law which could result in delaying the audition in any place or at any time or the production, exhibition or exploitation of the Programme and that this paragraph is fundamental to our being permitted by the Producers to participate in the audition and the Programme.
17. You acknowledge that it is essential to the Producers that all matters concerning the audition and the Programme are kept absolutely confidential. You understand that you may obtain information about the audition process, the production of the Programme, publicity and promotion of the Programme, the people who have applied to participate in the audition or appear on the Programme and about the business of the Producers that is not generally available to the public. This is all “Confidential Information”.
18. You promise that, at all times before, during and after the audition (unless you are otherwise required by law) you will keep the Confidential Information secret and confidential; you will not use the Confidential Information for any purpose; and you will not disclose the Confidential Information to any other person or allow or make it possible for any other person to see any of the Confidential Information.
19. In particular, you promise that you will not make any statement or give any interview about the audition or the Programme to any media person or outlet without the prior written consent of the Producers regardless of whether you are selected as participants in the Programme.
20. You also promise that you will not communicate to the public via the internet (e.g. blogs, personal websites, chatrooms) at any time about your participation in the Programme. If you breach any of the promises you have made in this application, you understand that you could cause serious financial and other loss to the Producers and they might take legal action against you to prevent you from breaching these promises or to recover from you any losses suffered.
21. The agreement with us in this application is made for the benefit of the Producers, their licensees, assignees and agents and is governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia.
22. By ticking the checkbox below, you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this application.