Toshiba Markets PC To Families
- Rubberised keyboard for easy cleaning
- A hard drive 3D shock sensor that detects accidental drops or knocks
- Windows 7 Home Premium with parental controls
Toshiba’s Satellite L630 responds to what Toshiba claims will be a growing demand for family-orientated notebooks. “At Toshiba there is no such thing as a ‘standard’ notebook,” said Anthony Geronimo, Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Toshiba Information Systems Division. “For us, nothing is more important than delivering relevant innovation that helps our customers to do more in their everyday lives.”
Toshiba says it is specifically designed for parents looking for capable all-rounder notebook for use at home or away, this fun family PC. Features include:
- Rubberised keyboard for easy cleaning after messy little fingers leave their mark.
- Coloured funky grey with lime-green highlights and rubber edges making it durable and scuff-proof.
- A hard drive 3D shock sensor that detects accidental drops or knocks to help protect family pictures, videos, music and other special memories.
- Windows 7 Home Premium with parental controls that let you set limits on the hours that children can use the notebook, the types of games they can play, and the content they can access online.
- Built-in webcam making it easy to chat via video with friends and grandparents.
- At just 2.1kg it is light enough to lightweight so it’s easy to move around at home in the living room, the kitchen, the kids’ bedroom or away on family holidays.
It comes with an Intel Pentium dual-core processor provides power for most tasks including web-surfing, email, playing games, music and movies, viewing photos and doing homework. The Satellite L630 also comes with:
- A 13.3-inch high definition widescreen with LED backlighting for high contrast and vivid colours – designed for movies and games.
- A built-in DVD SuperMulti Drive allows users to play family movies. It also reads and writes most disc formats for backing-up your family photos.
- Toshiba’s Media Controller software that allows users to share videos, music and pictures from the notebook’s media library with any compatible home entertainment network.