Microsoft Office Debuts
Microsoft has announced the availability of Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010, as well as Microsoft Visio 2010 and Microsoft Project 2010, for business customers.
Microsoft’s Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 beta program saw 8.6 million people use the Office 2010 suite prior to launch. Features of Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 together deliver new opportunities for business productivity, including:
- Connect and collaborate: The new co-authoring features in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and OneNote, combined with advanced e-mail management and calendaring capabilities in Outlook; and the new Outlook Social Connector, which brings company communication and social network feeds directly into Outlook.
- It is claimed to give businesses a practical and efficient collaboration tool. Work virtually anywhere with Office Web Applications, the online companions to Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote.
- Along with easy access to documents from virtually anywhere, Web Applications help preserve the look and feel of a document regardless of device, so content and format are generally preserved while moving between the PC, phone and browser.
- Office Mobile 2010 will be available via Windows Phone Marketplace for all Windows Mobile 6.5 phones with a previous version of Office Mobile. People using Office Mobile 2010 can perform light weight editing of Office documents and take notes on the go. With Office Mobile, people can work with Office documents stored on their phone, attached to an e-mail and can browse, edit and update documents stored on a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 site.
- SharePoint intranet sites and communities also help people collaborate, regardless of location. · Bring ideas to life with video, text and image editing, new broadcast capabilities in PowerPoint, auto-previewing in Word, easy document preparation through the new Microsoft Office Backstage view, and new Sparklines in Excel for precise trend and data visualisationEemployees can quickly create format and deliver more compelling documents and presentations. · Business intelligence capabilities allow businesses to quickly access data and make real time decisions using familiar Office applications to transform everyday work data into valuable information.