Canon shows off its smallest digicam yet
Canon launched its smallest professional digital video camera ever, the XA10 – and ultra-compact, Full HD, AVCHD pro model that offers mobility and versatility for semi-pros, advanced amateurs or budding filmmakers.
The XA10 features an infrared (IR) mode with built-in IR lamp to allow nighttime shooting. Its 30mm wide-angle and 10 x Optical Zoom Full HD Lens, allows videographers to capture more detail and richer colour than ever before, especially in diminishing light conditions that have previously made shooting less than favourable.
The pixel size of the new HD CMOS Pro 1/3 inch sensor is 260% larger than previous sensors in Canon cameras this size, giving it even higher sensitivity than ever before in low-light conditions and a wide dynamic range.
The Auto Dynamic Range Control ensures that there is no image loss due to overexposure or loss of details in the shadows.
The XA10 captures video sound with a 2-channel XLR terminal and a built-in high performance microphone with directivity and sensitivity controls.
You can see everything clearly on the 3.5-inch high-resolution Touch LCD screen and get even more creative with cinema filters, allowing effects to be applied to the footage you shoot in camera, such as “dramatic black and white”, “vivid” or “nostalgic”.
Other features include:
- – Professional-grade CMOS sensor:
- HD CMOS PRO (1/3 inch, 2.75μ m – 30.4mm Wide Angle Video Lens
- – 10 x Zoom HD Video Lens with an 8-bladed iris
- – DiG!C DV III processor
- – High-quality Microphone
- – Infrared Shooting
- – Optical Image Stabiliser (Powered IS and Dynamic IS)
- – Instant Auto Focus Manual/Creative Control – Detachable handle for low-angle shooting
- – Professional audio control, including 2 x XLR inputs
- – Microphone holder
- – Trigger key and zoom button
- – Focus ring and customisable control dials
- – Manual aperture, shutter speed, and gain settings
- – Story Creator, Cinema-Look Filter